Need phono pre amp recommendations

I am looking at getting into Vinyl for the first time and need a phono preamp. My total budget is 1500.00 I know that isn't much

I have a budgeted 700.00 to 900.00 for the pre-amp and 600.00 for the table. I am looking for opinions on both pre and table

I have looked at a older Audio Research SP-14 and SP -9 I can afford the 9 but the 14 is a little past my budget.

I also looked at an older Counterpoint SA-3000 with no mods at EBay but it is also I think a little high of 1000.00 especially with no mods done.

Any comments on these models pro's and cons and any other recommendations that I should be looking at.

The tables I am looking at are Rega P3/24 turntable with Elys 2 cartridge
Technics SL 1200 mk2 or TECHNICS SL-1210M5G

I will be hooking this up to Wolcott tube Mono's

Thanks for any help.
btstrg
Older AR's are great. Consider an SP-6. It has a superb phono stage. The SP-2 has a decent phono stage but it's hard to find one in great condition. I think that the phono stages in older AR's are build amazingly well.
Great recommendations so far.
Do not waste time / money on a beer budget table. I agree that you should at least buy a Rega or Clearaudio TT package and use the rest of your budget on a used preamp.

The SP9 is not my favorite ARC preamp, I have found that it sounds bright with most recordings. I much prefer the SP8 or SP6.
Also, look for a used CJ preamp with phono. CJ preamps from the 80s onwards come with excellent phono stages.
IMO as a former owner, the AI Modulus 3 phono stage is a little less dynamic/punchy than ARC's or CJ's vintage tube preamps, it lacks emotion and PRAT.
Also, an used/old tube preamp will most likely sound better than a new solid state preamp, in the same price range.

I have a Linn LP-12 TT (love it) and have had excellent experiences with Clearaudio and Rega tables.
The Clearaudio Emotion package with a MM cartridge is a glimpse of high-end sound at an affordable price. I have set up one recently for a friend and we were both amazed at its clean, punchy sound. The cartrige's frequency response is very flat. Also, it does not emphasize surface noise.
Champagne on a wine budget IMO.
There's a Conrad Johnson PV10AL with phono for sale in the classifieds that would be a perfect fit. It'll leave you with a healthy budget for TT and cart.
I started out with the clearaudio emotion with a rotel RC1070 pre...this is a great combo that you should easily find for ~1200-1500 (possibly with cart?)
The rotel 1070 is a great SS preamp that has a decent phono in it as well (MM only). The 1082 also has MC but it'd blow your budget...
Thanks for the response so far. I will look at the Clearaudio Emotion package and CJ pre as well as the other mentioned.
Any thoughts on the Denon DP 500M Table with a Ortofon 2M Red cart??

Thanks again.