Anyone try McCormack DNA + Placette Passive?

I have a McCormack DNA-125, and I am thinking of getting a Placette Passive Preamp. Has anyone tried this combination or another passive with the McCormack DNA amps that works well? Or tried them and they DON'T work well. All opinions appreciated. Thanks.
shaneajohnson
Hi, not in your context, but I used the Placette with several different amps (tube and solid state) and was always amazed by it's performance. Definitely worth the +,- $750.00 used to give it a try. Just take note that the length of the interconnects between the Placette and your amp should be kept at a minimum....1 meter or less.
I've used the Placette Passive Linestage with great success also. One caveat: Your source HAS to have adequate output to drive your amp without any further gain. Some of my favorite albums were recorded at lowered levels to avoid using compressors, and so offered lowered output voltages, making them less than exciting to listen to. If your source(be it CDP, MC and head-amp or tuner) has the juice: The Placette is just excellent in it's transparency.
McCormack passives work well with McCormack amps?....reason would dictate that others would to.

Go for it.

Dave
Thanks all. The Sonic Euphoria TVC-based passive pre popped up on the radar screen. I assume that would work well too, and may be better at lower listening levels. Thoughts?
I am currently using a Promitheus Ref 4 TVC a with an older pair of passive friendly DNA-1 monoblocks. The Ref 4 is much better in every respect than either the McCormack TLC-1 or Endler resistor based volume controls I used previously. The Ref 4/McCormack seems to be a pretty nice combination to me. No problems with impedance mismatch, insufficient gain, or cable length with this option. I have rather insensitive speackers (Magneplanar 1.6) and rarely go beyond 1 o'clock on the volume. I would suggest you consider the Promitheus along with the Placette and Sonic Euphoria. These are all good values and resale should be good. One might do some A/B comparison and keep the best match in your system.