Primare I30 vs Krell KAV 400xi

I'm trying to decide between these two amps to power my Spendor S8e and Rega Apollo cd.
Has anyone experienced these amps good or bad?
Thanks in advance for your input.

AB
andrewboettcher
I've had the Sonus Faber Grand Piano speakers. I've tried 4-5 amps on that speaker including pre-power amps and the Krell KAV-300i came out top.

I agree that Sonus Faber speakers go well with Krell amplification. Not too sure about the new Domus line though.
I have the 400xi & SACD combo which continues to bring my much joy. I can share my experience with the krell only - I have never heard the primare - Matching is very important which is true for any set up - I agree that you would be better off with a more laid back speaker - The Krell has a lot of detail especially with the SACD player - I am using vienna Acoustic speakers and love that combo - I have recently purchased a pair of Sonus Faber grand Piano Domus and the older Wall homes which will be used in a A/V room i've been putting together - I gave them a good listen in my 2 channel set up and again a really good match but I prefer the vienna's - Probably because the system has been dialed in with cabling for the vienna's - I am using Cardas Golden Cross speaker cables which were tremendous for adding warmth also making the system way more forgiving - But Bad recordings are Bad recordings - also made a mistake early on by plugging the 400xi into a current limiting AC conditioner - It choked the amp compressed, the highs, not good - I switched to a shunyata Hydra and my draw dropped - It was that noticeable - even the wife said - It sounds much fuller - Well that it's my 2 cents...TONY - Also, hope to someday get one of those monster krells
Krell 400Xi looks like comparatively speaking like cheap American downscale (but compared to mass market stuff several steps above) compared to the refined fit finish of the Primare. But that superficial comment aside, the Primare I30, after reviewing many of the same class, gets to the music and deep. Krell seems to be, a bit like a politician, impress with one or two derivatives on the slope but the Primare is the Integral. The total natural delivery of natural sounds in a space that just continues to impress once you get past the short man disease of the likes of amps that try to jump in for the dance with short term high-lites.
I've tried both the Primare I-30 and the Krell 400 xi....
IMO the Primare is far more musical and enjoyable listening. Fit and finish is far superior to the Krell. The Krell is far too analytical and clinical sounding. For me the Primare is a notch or 2 above. But, that's me
anyone else care to comment on these two? i'm looking for more info on the primare i30