Primare I30 vs Krell KAV 400xi

I'm trying to decide between these two amps to power my Spendor S8e and Rega Apollo cd.
Has anyone experienced these amps good or bad?
Thanks in advance for your input.

AB
andrewboettcher
Krell 400Xi looks like comparatively speaking like cheap American downscale (but compared to mass market stuff several steps above) compared to the refined fit finish of the Primare. But that superficial comment aside, the Primare I30, after reviewing many of the same class, gets to the music and deep. Krell seems to be, a bit like a politician, impress with one or two derivatives on the slope but the Primare is the Integral. The total natural delivery of natural sounds in a space that just continues to impress once you get past the short man disease of the likes of amps that try to jump in for the dance with short term high-lites.
I've tried both the Primare I-30 and the Krell 400 xi....
IMO the Primare is far more musical and enjoyable listening. Fit and finish is far superior to the Krell. The Krell is far too analytical and clinical sounding. For me the Primare is a notch or 2 above. But, that's me
anyone else care to comment on these two? i'm looking for more info on the primare i30
I can see why some ppl may prefer Primare sound over the Krell sound. That is a personal thing. What I cannot understand though, is how anyone can claim Primare is better build.

I mean, I actually own both - Krell in my office system and Primare in my living room - so I'm not biased in any way, and have first hand experience. I have also opened both to see how they are build inside, and I can tell you that Krell's fit and finish is far superior to the Primare, not vice versa.

Krell housing oozes quality, beeing all aluminium with billet aluminium corners, where Primare is a common aluminium front/pressed steel combination. Primare is nice and stylish, but clearly not to the Krell standard.
Primare is sail boat, Krell is motor boat
Primare is musical, Krell is clinical
Primare is Aston Martin, Krell is Corvette