MF 3.5 and Outlaw 2150

I am narrowing down to two amps, the Musical fidelity 3.5 and the Outlaw RR2150. Any advice?
neilmc
What is your budget, because the MF is 2 1/2 times the price of the Outlaw? If cost is not an issue, the MF 3.5 is the better pure amp, but you can do a lot more with the Outlaw. A more reasonable comparison for the Outlaw is the NAD C320BEE and I like the Outlaw better in that comparison.

I own the Outlaw RR2150 now and owned an earlier version of the MF 3.5 (A3.2). The MF is a more elegant sounding amp. It's the next step up in terms of cleaner and clearer sound.

What speakers will you be using?

Regards,

Rich
SF Concertino. I suspect that they probably go best with MF. BTW, is does the MF 3.2 have separate power transformers, or just separate amplifiers?
The A3 has a dual mono configuration, with a separate power transformer for each power amp, and separate windings for the preamp and remote control.

When Fremer reviewed the Outlaw RR2150 for Stereophile, he tried a number of different speakers and they all faired pretty well. I think that your Concertinos would go with either amp. I just find the MF a notch or so better overall. If this were for my main system, I would go with the MF. For a second system, the Outlaw would be fine.

Regards,

Rich