What Solid State PreAmp?

In the $5K-$10K range, what are the top PreAmps out there? I am looking for a musical PreAmp. I know of the following in NO particular order, but there might be others. Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

BAT 42SE
McIntosh C200
Ayre K1Xe
Accuphase C2000 and C2410
Classe CP 700
Mark Levinson 320 and 326
MBL 5011
mikeaudio
Stepping back to some earlier posts regarding JRDG, I'm going to audition some of his products in the next few weeks.

I'd like to solicit thoughts/impressions good, bad,or indifferent from owners and users.

Private emails please; it would be inappropriate for me to respond here if I decide to retail the line.
I've written a ton here on A'gon re JRDG. Guidocorona also has much to say. If you haven't already, you should search here for our comments and feel free to direct questions to us via email. Rod Tomson, proprietor of Soundings would be another good reference. His site is Soundings Site
Mike, why don't you try the McIntosh? I've often read they have good synergy with McIntosh amps. I have a 402 as well and I'm searching for c2300 so I'm biased that way. Love the amp and figure the pre-amp should go the same way. Right now I'm running DAC to AMP through some Cardas GR ICs.
As to those persons running a Mcintosh 402 - what preamp are you currently using ? Has anyone tried a C45 or C46 and, if so, what are the results and any comment as to the differences between the 2 (i.e. any advantage to spending the extra $ for the 46) ?
The c46 8-band eq highest control is centered on 4kHz. So if you need to roll off 10~20kHz highs, it isn't going to work well for that. Download the manual to see the eq curves. The c46 eq is more for fixing specific bumps in rooom acoustics.