Aesthetix Calypso VS ARC Reference 3

Half price off course ($5000 VS $10000) , but suppose cost is not an issue: what you think are the sonic differences between the two pre-amps ?
duonri
If a device is sensitive to a power cord it is very poorly designed.
I never understand why people make such generalizations like this.

Rwwear, your statement would then imply that Ken Stevens of CAT, Michael Elliot of Aria/Counterpoint, Alex Peychev of APL, Jim White of Aesthetix and Roger West of SoundLab, all designers of top-tier products that I have much experience with, are all poor designers. Products from these companies (in my system) respond significantly to power cord changes. Please do not attack the designer of the product but rather the implementer of the completed system.
Kschiu: Sorry about the jump in price on the 5751. That sometimes happens when there is a frenzy with auctions. If you can find a good deal on a GE or RCA pair, the triple mica might also work out well. I only compared the Sylvania and the JAN to the various 12ax7's I had and the Sylvania was significantly more full-bodied and clear compared to the JAN in the CAT JL-3 amps I was comparing them in.

Concerning the use of a tube line stage in "bypass" mode for movies, I am in full agreement.....it makes no sense unless you can do this with the line stage powered off. I contacted a few preamp companies about this exact feature and I got the same answer: their product needs to be powered on. The new Aria WV that I have had for two months is the first tube line stage that I am aware of that defaults to bypass mode when powered off.
I don't believe you or anyone else can hear the difference in power cords Jafox. But I'm sure you believe and that's why you do. It is not a generalization it is a fact that you and other psychoacoustic engineers need to realize. I don't care whom you refer to and what high end product they have designed, this kind of voodoo device(high priced power cords)makes high end audio look foolish. You can say I can't hear or that my equipment isn't revealing enough all you want but I don't care.

Sorry for getting off topic.
Post removed