Blown CS7.2 Tweeter/midrange

I thought the 7.2 could play very loud without any problem. Although I haven't been playing extremely loud (90 db peak), one of the tweeters was blown. I am sending it back to Thiel for repair. Anyone has similar problems? I am using 200 watt mono blocks with 4 ohm setting.
audiolui
I am using the FPB 650M monoblocks. But someday when my wallet is fatter, I am going to go with the 750 cxm monoblocks. :)
Whats funny is I had never been a big fan of the Krell amps until I heard them with the Thiels.
90 db SPL should be ok - but some music is extremely dynamic and you may not be seeing it on an SPL meter.

Bass heavy material (while not loud) can cause an amplifier to easily run out of juice and clip....the clipping heats up voice coils and of course the wee VC in the tweeter goes first.

If you like to play music really loud then you are probably exceeding what this speaker was designed to do. It is a particularly difficult low impedance load to drive - so you need to expect troubles if you really push your amp. An easier load would be more amenable to being driven hard. Some speaker drivers are also designed to hold up better to being abused.
I don't think 90 dB should be any problem at all for Thiel's previous top of the line, that is with appropriate amplification of course.
Sounds like a driver problem to me, I don't want to jinx myself but I drove my 3.6 with 200 watt classe power for years and it could get congested when cranked on dynamic music. Macintosh 501 mono's made this a different speaker!

However, unless you play really loud more frequently than not...I mean party loud you should have enough power with your lamms IMO.
Tom_hankins,
I am not a fan of Krell at all. I guess I may try a big Krell some day when an opportunity comes up. Not to offend anyone, my past experience with Krell (older models) was that they sounded whitish or bleached. Don't know about the newer Krell sound though. The Lamm has a very nice balanced and rich sound.

Folks,
I have been playing at around 90 db for the past two years without any problem. I hope it was the tweeter's fault. I will report as soon as I hear from Thiel, possibly some time next week since this is a long weekend. Stay tuned.