Spectron Musician III SE Mk.2? What Changed?

I see at the Spectron site that they have released a Mark 2 edition of the Musician III SE. But there isn't any discussion of what has actually changed in the amp besides the price, which is now $7195 up from $6495. If anyone knows what the new changes are, I would really love to know.
oofer
Enough with these ruffeled feathers and
rabid wolf attacks from all sides.

Is there really any side but what changed for the Mark 2?
How does it sound?
What is the upgrade path?
Is the flippant remark really characteristic of customer service experience?
Answers given.

More questions?

Do what works;
e-mail Simon or call him regarding more questions or needs,
if that is what you want, but let's return to the topic;
if I may say so.
Audvidsvs, you been told by Simon that he joint company only after original Musician III was designed. (He designed, probably nearly 100% of the Signature and did a lot for Mk2 along with John and others in company). He DOES NOT KNOW Musician II - except design which when compared to Signature is indeed in stone age.

I am sure he told you, as he told me that Musician II has order of magnitude more distortions then Musician III and one of the reasons many lovers of this amplifier love it because its euphonic (due to very high degree of 2nd harmonics). Musician II has tremendous control, exceptional bass etc. Its "tube amp in steroids". While very pleasant for your ears it has no fidelity to the true acoustic music. He is professional musician (and so am I ) and he is right.

Instead of being thankful for his time and his willingness to answer phone even during weekends or late evenings and explaining all of these and surely your alternatives - you are ...complaining.

Musician II is fully supported and if you will have a problem it will be fixed in no time so this product is fully supported

Yet, Tvad's states, here in this thread, in writing that Spectron shows no support for older products!

Most interesting is that company looks after its customers and Musician II can be brought to 80% - 85% percent of Musician III SE Mk2 performance for very reasonable $1,295 (as of few minutes ago when I spoke with him). Considering that original Musician cost $3k - $3.5k and Musician III Mk2 $7.2k - its a BARGAIN !!! .

No, Rkmcv - these are not wolves, these are jackals, hyenas and vultures - they smell and see dying and decaying flesh and here they are with all these outrageous lies.

Regarding complain that they are busy with OEM - its preposterous: Let me quote from their web site:

"Spectron is one of very few companies that develop their own class D proprietary modules, digital and analog. John Ulrick has been awarded 6 patents in class D amplification, including a digital input/all digital implementation. Other team members have also multiple patents, awards and more then 300 peer-review publications.

...Spectron designs....a highly reliable continuous output 8000 watt power compact digital amplifier... The highly innovative design includes very high level power factor corrected switching power supplies using the latest PFC conversion technology and resonant mode DC:DC converters.

Spectron has found one its major strengths to be the cross-pollenization of audiophile and professional audio designs. The design under development will, potentially, revolutionize audiophile sound reproduction"

You don't like it? - buy amplifier with mass produced ICE modules and inferior switching power supplies, ask modifier to " to refresh colors" for a thousand dollars or more and enjoy!

A while ago, this country was.... you what it was. Today, only Spectron and NuForce do original R&D in digital amplification.

SHAME!!!!

Rafael
Happy Memorial Day to veterans
Maybe this is a ploy to draw more attention to the company and product. I mean if he hadnt have responded this way..how far would this thread have really gone? As I mentioned before, i dont think he meant any harm. He is a musician/engineer/audiophile. He is not the best customer service rep who speaks in a forum. But when i talked to him on the phone, he didnt seem to be short with his answers. I mean i don't think its right to burn someone at the stake over 1 reply in a forum even though it was kinda dry. We all have said something we should have responded differently about. Look at our politicians. They make verbal blunders all the time. It doesnt mean they arent good for the job or can or cant run our country. We are still going to vote for one of them.

I gues i can leave this that subject up for another thread. Eiether way, hopefully we all can learn something from this. Including Spectron.
Rafael

I was not complaining.Clearly you tried to find this in my post and misinterpreted.

I am simply sharing my experience dealing with Spectron through Simon.
He was eager to help if needed reasonable service but unable to comment on certain aspects of the amplifier and it ended there.
I realize the II is before his time and I clearly said that already.

I agree that being able to contact the representative directly is nice,in fact Simon has repeatedly called me too about some other related matters.

Like I said,if the product were not so appealing this would not even have my interest.

This is the first I have heard of any product having "no fidelity to the true acoustic music"
That is some endorsement.

Pass judgement on yourself if you need to pass it at all.
Post removed