Spectron Musician III SE Mk.2? What Changed?

I see at the Spectron site that they have released a Mark 2 edition of the Musician III SE. But there isn't any discussion of what has actually changed in the amp besides the price, which is now $7195 up from $6495. If anyone knows what the new changes are, I would really love to know.
oofer

Showing 3 responses by chaz801

I don't think the guy meant any harm in his words about what's better about the newer version as opposed to the most recent one. I at some point will be buying a new system. I am fascinated by good sound from good systems. I am also partial to very good sound for the fraction of the cost of 100k plus systems. I have no affiliation to Spectron. I've never heard the amplifier. But I have talked to them on the phone and find them very helpful as far as knowledge and their perspective of good sound and doing their best to replicate the sound of a live the event or recordings. As I inch closer to buying my second system, I plan to audition this amp. I never really considered a class D amp in my system but based on the reviews and owners of this amp..I have to consider it on the list. I think one owner of this amp mentioned that he had dreams of owning 40k MBL amps and was very happy with the Spectron. I happen to love the sound of MBL and heard them at the RMAF with Kharmas Midi. I thought the rooms sound was amongst the best at the show. For those people who would even consider being happy with the spectron says a lot about the quality of this amp.
Maybe this is a ploy to draw more attention to the company and product. I mean if he hadnt have responded this way..how far would this thread have really gone? As I mentioned before, i dont think he meant any harm. He is a musician/engineer/audiophile. He is not the best customer service rep who speaks in a forum. But when i talked to him on the phone, he didnt seem to be short with his answers. I mean i don't think its right to burn someone at the stake over 1 reply in a forum even though it was kinda dry. We all have said something we should have responded differently about. Look at our politicians. They make verbal blunders all the time. It doesnt mean they arent good for the job or can or cant run our country. We are still going to vote for one of them.

I gues i can leave this that subject up for another thread. Eiether way, hopefully we all can learn something from this. Including Spectron.