choice of ref pre amps

Trying to decide between cj art, lamm L2, vtl 7.5 and other high end tube pre amps. System consists of Genesis 201 speaker, Remiyo one box cd, and the Rowland 5 power amp which is going to be replaced with a ss amp. Currently considering the Krell evo 302, would take suggestions.

Thanks
plataman
The new CAT Legend with black gate caps and teflon circuit boards is the best preamp choice on the market right now. I have never heard anything better in my life and I have heard them all, including 30K Jadis JP200 and Kondo preamps.

George
if possible audition the Einstein Tube preamp; in listening tests w/ myself & other a-philes it outclassed the legendary blowtorch by CTC.
Read the threads about the Jeff Rowland Design Group Capri. So far here on A'gon it's silenced an ARC Ref3 and a CJ Premier. Don't let its low price fool you.

The chassis is solid billet aircraft grade billet aluminum with incredibly quiet and transparent circuitry. For the ultimate in resolution add the PC-1 Power Factor Correction.

You might also consider retiring your Rowland 5 and consider replacing the whole sheebang with a Rowland Continuum 500, which is essentially a Capri, two 501 mono-blocks and two PFCs in one gloriously eligant chassis. The Continuum's only $8800.

You can add a phono stage to the Capri and Continuum for only $355.

Read my reviews, Guido's and others here on the 'gon. Of course, if $2700 for the Capri isn't enough, the $18,000 for Jeff's cost-no-object, battery powered, Criterium may wet your appetite at $18,000. I haven't herad that one yet, but it's gotta be good, knowing Jeff.

Dave
If tubes are your choice them Wavestream Kinetics and Tron must be at the top of your list. For SS there's a Dartzeel on gon no, maybe Ayre, but the best is Connoisseur 4.2.