Ayre K1xe vs. Simaudio P7, P8

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Ayre and one of the evolution Sims? I realize that the P7 and P8 are more loaded with gadgetry and cost quite a bit more, but my question regards only sound quality and presentation. Any reliability/ quality control issues? I appreciate any experience you care to relate...
todds7
Would like to add, I have been living with the sim p-5 and w-5 for some time now and have been very happy. Never a problem, in fact I survived some serious brown outs, foolishly I kept playing the system and no problems. Of course now I'm using battery back-up.
Good input guys. Looks roughly like four in favor of Sim with Proth going for the Ayre and Tboooe more or less neutral. So if the K1xe is a bargain at $4500, then possibly the P5 or P5LE might be even more so at $2500 to $3000, older Renaissance circuitry notwithstanding. (Technically, this amounts to a departure from the thread topic, but I personally find it most helpful.)

Anyhow, good thoughts. It seems that no matter what question one has, a few people on A'gone have had direct experience with what you're talking about. ...and as importantly are willing to share. Great forum, site, and a pretty great group, we are. Thanks for the ideas, guys.
Not sure of how you are counting the votes. I think all but one of the posters favoring Sim had not even heard the Ayre. I did not get to audition the Sim when I recently purchased my new amp and preamp. I wanted to and contacted Sim and they told me their nearest dealer was about 300 miles from me and I would have to go through him to hear the Sim. So I crossed Sim off the list. I did listen to numerous amps and preamps (including among others CJ, Boulder, AirTight, MacIntosh, BAT) and, to my ears at least, The Ayre 1 series was hands down the best. Others may differ in their evaluations and preferences, but to me the Ayre sound is the most musical. I was just telling my wife this morning that even after 6 weeks or so with the Ayre--I absolutely love the sound and have zero complaints.