Good beginner tube amp suggestions

currently i have a music hall 2.1 with grado gold cartridge run through a bellari vp129 through an nakamichi amp. i am using old paradigm mini monitors. i'd liek to upgrade, but i am a student with a limited income. i know there is something out there i can at least shoot for. suggestions much appreciated!
roggae
Not been a Jolida fan for years until recently, the 1301 for $350 retail is very decent and with upgrade tubes even better.
I second the cj. I had a cj premier 11a (70wpc) also a possibility. I loved that amp and still miss it today. Only sold it because it didn't have enough power to drive my thiel 3.6's. No matter what you choose I would stick with a reputable manufacturer. Good Luck

Chuck
Assuming you're looking for an integrated, I'd second Celtic66's Jolida rec for either the 1301 or 1501. They're both hybrids, but as such are a great and affordable way to get into tubes. I owned a 1501, loved the sound and would have kept it if I'd bought the remote version and if it had a headphone jack. It responds well to tube rolling, and since it uses only two 12ax7s you can tune the sound to your liking rather inexpensively. If you want a full tube amp, a Cayin A50-T is at the top of my own list right now: incredible transparency, dynamics, bass, air--and for a great price at $1300 new/$900 used. For the money, though, the Jolidas are tremendous bargains and frequently show up here used.
I'd go with a Rogue tube amp, they average 650 to 750. Very robust, lots of power and can handle a wide range of speaker types so you can try other speakers in the future if you want.
Don't forget Primaluna, whether integrated, stereo
or monoblocs, they're excellent. I've got the 6s
if you'd like to discuss.