Krell FPB 300 vs ML 333 for Thiel CS6

Planning on upgrading from using the front channels on a Proceed AMP 5 (now) to either of the two mentioned in the header. Anyone have any idea of which would be the better choice ? Thanks.
delmarhf
I lived with a pair of Thiel 3.6 mated with ML333 for over 8 years. Before that had a pair of 2.2 for another 7 years. I thought the Thiel/ML combo work fairly well until I switched over to the Pass X350.5. Is there any specific reason why you limit your choice to these two amps?

I would strongly recommend not to buy a ML 3xx series amp. They have an issue with caps blowing up. I had mine back in the factory twice. When I spoke to the customer service, I found out the dealer had already sent it back once before. Actually, the amp sounded better when I got it back last time. But I did not want to risk having blown caps again in a few years. The replacement cost me over $1200.

I ended up trading it in for Pass X350.5, which was an eye opener. A much better amp than the ML333 by a big margin. I had been planning on upgrading to Thiel 6, but ended up buying a pair of Verity Parsifal Encore.

FrankC
With regard to FrankC's comments, I cannot say that I ever had a problem with my 331.5, but am not sure if the .5 upgrades there were done addressed these cap issues, it would not surprise me as I have heard others mention some "minor" reliability issues. My 331.5 performed flawlessly for me. I had a pass 150.5, which was a good amp, but I never played this with the Thiel speakers so I cannot comment on this synergy, but I have heard good things about others running them with Thiels. I ran Totem's and Von Schweikert with the Pass amp. Again, though, I did like the sound of the ML with the Thiel, but would consider Frank's comments. If a ML 23.5 had enough power, that is a very good ML amp, but think it will be under powered for your speakers. I loved the Krells with Wilson speakers, both the Duettes and the W/P which have several common characteristics with the Thiels, FWIW.
A friend of mine has Thiel cs6. He had ML 331 (not enough power, but I liked it), Pass 350 (somehow less dynamic and warmer sound), and finally ended up to have Nuforce 9SE monoblocks plugged into PS audio P300. That is a wonderful combination, smooth, quick, dynamic sound. Also, Nuforce at full swing consume less than ML in sleep mode.
Thiel match well with Odyssey Stratos Extreme,read my
previous thread.I happened to have mine for sale right
now.I dont mean promoting mine, you can read my previous
thread on this combination.I heard the Thiel Pass Lab
x250 also, they sounded good but I prefer the Odyssey
Thiel combination..Thanks
I had a FPB 200 - used with a pair of 2.3s -thought the combo was excellent (acknowledging the very forward Thiel tweeters) - sold a few years back. Just heard MLs and Classe were better with Thiel. Learning about the capacitor issue with the 3s really makes me lean back towards Krell. Also, I have no experience with Pass but have heard a great deal of positive feedback. The X350 sounds great, perhaps a bit hard to find on the used market however. BTW - can anyone tell me how much the .5 upgrade costs for the ML 333 ? Is sending back to Harmon required ?