A 9 watts SET for the Maggies, Heavenly marriage

For the heading, I need to start a new thread; this is because the last thread does not do the Audio Note the justice.
The comparison among all those EAR, Pass labs, YBA and the little, David, Audio Note kit one, does illustrate that if we can relate our live musical experience, the SET certainly rules.
For whatever reasons, I like to have advice on higher powered SET amplifiers for the Maggies
Please advice
Robert
robertwolfee
When trying an SET you may want to check out the Speltz Zero Autoformers which can effectively double, triple or quadruple the impedence of your speakers making them an easier load.
Look to the Art Audio Carissa. 16 watts that sound like 61. look on 6moons.com and enjoy the music, or Art Audio website for other reviews. You get the sweet magic of SET with the dynamics needed for rock or the orchestra. You also won't have to sell the house to get the Carissa.

Blessings, Bob
Just in case you(or any other interested party) failed to click on that URL: The CAD 805 Anniversary Edition offers 50 watts per channel, Pure Class A Single Ended Triode Mono Blocks with dual 6SN7 input stage, 300B driver stage tube, includes both 845 and 211 output tubes. User selector switch for output tube. Jaguar Anthracite black chassis and top plate with clear coat finish, anodized aluminum front panel. ZERO feedback design. (That first spec makes other pure SETs anemic in comparison, as they all "SOUND" much bigger than they are)
I currently have a Dared 845 SET running my MG20's

At reasonable volume its fine. As long as you don't plat tecno, or turn it up way too loud it doesn't clip.

I've also run them on a set of Decware SV83 monoblocks.

Some have told me you can't run Maggies on tube, but that may be some sort of impedance mismatch on their end
Its not that a low power SET wont drive a maggie or most any speaker, hook a SET up to any loudspeaker and it will work. Its just a sub optimal way of putting together a system. When you use a SET on a 3.6 it will sound good just you are not hearing all the 3.6 can do or all the SET can do for youve ham strung both. If you love maggies and you love SET go for it. But to get the best out of a SET you need hi-eff designs. To get the best out of 3.6 you need power. Once one properly builds a SET based system with proper loudspeakers you will understand why so many folks who have been arround the audio block have settled in with SETs. If you just throw a SET at any loudspeaker you will not get the best out of it or the connected loudspeaker. And hi-eff ribbon hybrid systems do exist if you love the sound of ribbons,hi-eff ribbon equiped loudspeakers are available that work great with SET. Many SETs have very high distortion when pushed to near full power the SET magic is with the 1st watt or so not the last watt. And a 3.6 will just eat this up anda SET amp will be running into distortion with most any peak in level. But maybe happy 3.6 SET owners are grovin to this distortion.