Not Another NuForce thread......

Ok, first I am not shill or related to, or affiliated with NuForce in any way...I just thought that we should have a thread to discuss the V2...

I just placed the Reference 9 SE "V2" in my system after living with the NuForce 9 SE for the past year and auditioning the Reference 9 V2 for the past 2 months...

I am putting out there for comment and debate that the Reference 9 SE V2 is one of the top 5 best amplifiers out there and currently available. (I personally think that it one of the top 3, but I am leaving room for argument)

Sitting in my room last night I was reminded of one of those transforming audio experiences. My first ones was couple of hours with the Sinus Faber Amati Homage pushed with a full compliment of the top of the line ML gear all with in a perfectly treated room....My experience with the Reference 9 SE V2 was like that...

Please comment if you are able on the V2 in general, what was your experience?? Are your thought of the Reference 9 SE V2 the same??
jb8312
Well I am going to wait for the ref 10v,or better yet the 20v2,by then I will be convinced that they have gotten it right.I sincerely hope they have with the 9v2.
Oh but it's OK for brands like Audio Research, Wilson Audio, etc. to bring out "MK II", "MK III", "MK IV" versions and constantly improve THEIR stuff, right? Man! Where do all these vitriolic comments come from anyway? Have either of you (Lacee, 9rw) actually LISTENED to the damn things? What the heck is wrong with a company constantly striving to improve their products? Are you guys still using 486 based PCs at home? ("We'll I'm just gonna wait until the new Vista 'verion 20' comes out, then maybe they'll have gotten it right!") Sheesh. Give it a rest or audition a pair already.

I don't even currently own a pair, but did have the 9SE's for about a year and they were amoung the finest amps (glass, hybrid, or SS) that I've ever heard. And YES, I've owned my fair share of amps over the last 30+ years (well over twenty). I'm currently running a pair of heavily modded Joilda JD3000 mono block tube amps, but with heat, high operating cost, etc. am once again considering another pair of NuForce - ESPECIALLY now that they have an even better V2.
Lacee

Is your glass half full? What in life doesn't chance. Cars are updated every year, TV's just about every week (lol)everything is improved for the better or cheapened to sell more. This is a young company that makes a great product. $800 to upgrade from V1 to V2 is cheap considering. I could live ever happy with my 9SE's they are that good. $800 to upgrade them to even better--- WOW! My glass is always full and running over. Everyone that listens to my system is amazed at the sound. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, I am just a consumer.
to Lacee,

your response is quite puzzling. Would you prefer to have a company that offers no upgrade pathways or no evolution?

The fact that Nuforce is offering an evolutionary and revolutionary product which for a reasonable fee keeps on improving is a testament to how good a company they are.

In my 20 years of selling equipment, I can't tell you how many times customers were upset that Mark Levinson or Krell had come up with a new product, which made their current models obsolete, and in most cases there was no upgrade path. Most high end companies come out with new models every four to five years.

You also forget how many revisions ARC came up with for many of their preamp models!

In reality this is only the second generation for the Ref 9 in two years. The 9Se is a different model entirely!

Also after talking with Jason, the V2 board will be very hard to better, so you can be assured that the V2 versions will be current for quite a while, but even if that is not the case, the upgrade costs with Nuforce for an original owner are very reasonable and is testament to the kind of customer support that will make Nuforce a real player in
the industry!
Yeah, whatever. So will someone please tell me how many versions of the NuForce amp there have been -- and in what time span? Also, please get back to me when the NuForce people have been around even half as long as Audio Research. But, hey, enjoy your amps. That's what this hobby is all about.