stereo amps and preamps for rent,what do you think

hi my fellow audiogoners i am thinking of starting a very interesting new business.it will set the audio world on fire.i want to start a renting audio equintment.now this will include amps preamps dacs and cd player.but before i start investing i would like your input.do you think it is a good idea and will you want to rent stereo gear.it seems logical to me because i buy quite a bit of stuff and it does not suit my needs.i think a lot of you would agree.also you get to see if the piece is right for you.
128x128gotsouldr
The cable company charges 5% of the retail price plus shipping both ways. That 5% is put towards the price of a cable or other item if you buy it. Your percentage may have to vary but this may give you a view of how to charge. A good reliable way to try say amps or preamps to start may work, just some ideas. Good luck and keep thinking.
If cable co charges 5% plus shipping, then I think you would have to at least double that to cover damages. In some ways, isn't that what Audiogon is all about? A larger initial investment, but then resell and take a small loss aka rental charge?
well it is a idea and i appreciate the feedback.i guess i am looking at my own interest here.i would love to rent a mac tube and see how it sounds in my system.you guys know how it goes.you see something on audiogon you would really like to buy and when you get it in your system low and behold--"it sucks"this happend to me several times.next thing i am selling the piece back audiogon and hope to get close to what you paid for it.i like the figures rayd has gave(i could live with those numbers).also to protect from damage the person will have to have a credit to cover the unit.when it comes back to me with no problem we would then release the credit.ok guys jump on this thread.
Rayd and Gotsouldr, the audio recording industry and the sound reinforcement industry has tons of rental companies also. They cover 32 pages of the NYC business phone directory.
Gotsouldr, build the business case. Determine how many pieces you need to have steady rental income. How well are you capitalized? How long a payback period can you handle before realizing a profit? For example, a $6000 product (your cost) rented at $500 a month will require 12 monthly rentals before you break even. Can you live with that? Is that a reasonable and realistic payback period?
Is this going to be a business or a hobby? How much money are you willing to risk to see if this is an idea with legs? It sounds like a terrible investment to me. Of course, I think anyone who chooses high end audio as a business is a little odd. It is, I believe, a small and getting smaller business segment. Only invest what you are willing to lose. Good luck.