Most resolving, transparent amps.

What has your experience been in amplifiers?

The most transparent, detailed amps you've encountered.
I like to hear everything that's going on and follow the different lines and instruments but it does need to come together musically.
Dead quiet, black background, dimesnional, layered, imaging, open, extended top end - all qualities of top amps, I think. Let the music come through as it was put on the disc - no editorializing.

What have you found?
mr_bill
Marco, I think that is a fair definition of 'transparency' in fact it is probably the most appropriate one. I always get confused about the difference between transparency to the recorded sound and transparency to the sound live, except when I've just gone to a concert. I need to get out more! :-)
Marco is right. That is why I stressed system synergy. The fact is, however, their is no getting all the, " Dead quiet, black background, dimensional, layered, imaging, open, extended top end...," without an amp that can disappear with the best wires, front end, and speakers.

I have heard top dollar OTL systems, built for synergy. I love them. It takes a whole lot more power to bring out the best of my speakers, more akin to electrostats. The way I have, I prefer mine.
Lamm M1.2 Ref. does it for me. (110watt class A hybred). Clairty/Resolution with an organic realism.

Frank
there are a lot of terms used in our hobby.
the determining factor is your ears and your room.
this is what makes this forum so loaded with terms and gives us all of this info.
until you hear componentes, sources, and wires in your own music room then you will know for your self how it sounds.
i am guilty in the fact of advising gear as much as anyone. but in the end i guess thats why we are here on the gon.
and it goes on and on.
music cant live without it. yea
I define transparency as a simple increase in gain from the source to the speakers. The magic is translating the medium, be it analog or digital, into electrical signals and sending them to the transducers, be they boxes or electrostats. My Bel Canto M300s are not perfect. They will not transform bad digital sources into music, nor correct bad recordings or mixes or pressings. What they will do is translate very accurately the source to the speaker. The problem can be with the source and source material. If it is well recorded, well mixed and well pressed, the Bel Cantos are excellent at presenting it. This assumes that the speakers match and there is synergy with the pre-amplifier. If the source has faults, the Bel Cantos will display them. If you believe even-ordered harmonics bring to life true music, then you need a tube pre-amp or a tubed amp. The Bel Cantos are very real and transparent, warts and all. With my tubed output CDP, and vinyl LPs, I have real music. They are life-like and transparent. I recommend that you try them out and see for yourself, before you take my word or the words of anyone else.