TVC + Altmann amp?

Hi there, great site and my first post. I am intrigued by the Altmann BYOB amp for use with my Avantgarde Duo Omega speakers (108dB/W). My equipment is housed in an adjacent room to the speakers so I really need remote control of at least volume. This would mean using the Altmann amp with the volume control wide open. I would welcome your views on how successful this would be, particularly with something like the TAP TVC.
rocketiii
Because the Sig 30 has only one input, I use a Purest Audio Design passive pre with 4 inputs as an input switcher. After I read Vinnie's advice, I bypassed the switcher and ran straight into the Sig. Big difference in terms of clarity and energy in the music. I'm going to buy Vinnie's switchbox and get rid of the Purest. Incidentally I liked using the Purest because it has dual volume pots which allowed for balance adjustment but even with both pots wide open, the compromise was evident. Too bad.
I had the BYOB with my Duo Omegas and tried it with the DAC straight to the BYOB and with my Placette passive RVC in-between.

With the BYOB wide open I could only use a few steps on the Placette before it was too loud. I had to turn down the volume on the BYOB to use this combo. I didn't feel like I lost anything doing it this way as opposed to the DAC straight into BYOB and using the BYOB vol ctrl.

I sold the BYOB because it could not match my DIY tube amp. The bass was tighter but not as tuneful, the high end a bit more extended but ultimately it just didn't sound as natural as my amp. I suppose that may be due to harmonics generated in my amp. The Altmann sounded very good and I see why people like it, but my amp sounds like music and the Altmann sounds like a great stereo.

Love the DAC though.
I am using an Altmann Attraction DAC and BYOB amp with an Avantgarde Trio. Four days ago I connected/bought a Promitheus Ref5 TVC with some options between the two with Acrolink Mexcel cables. After running this system for roughly 100 hours I can say that this TVC works perfectly well in this config. I can second Herman's statement that there is only the first few position of the volume pot which is really useable for more domestic volume, but this setup keeps all the best part of the now famous Altmann sound, the coherence, the inviting tone and the entertaining, engaging rhytmyc capability did not change to the worst, but I got better dynamics and more grip from my system, then the straight Altmann to Altmann connection.

I changed to the Altmann amp from a very expensive Audio Note (original Kondo) Kageki using it for more than 6 years, and could not been happier with the change. I own the Altmanns more than a year ago, got a chance to compare the amp to lots of other tube amps in my system, and it is quite strange that in my system only the DIY tube amp owners heard their design better than the Altmann, ordinary tube amp owners not :-).
I will take delivery of the Altmann amp next week. I'll try it with the pre-amp output from my Avantgarde Model 5 amp and let you know how I get on. I'll then decide whether to go the TVC route. Thanks for your replies.
Rocketiii - I want to congratulate you for being adventurous. I'm sure you will be glad you took this step. It gets tiresome reading about the same old tired brand names month after month in the publications and in these discussions. In my opinion, too few of us step out and discover what else is available.
Please write a followup about your experience.