The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
Johnnyb53 : Can we please keep Aczel out of this? He certianly causes blood to boil. Unfortunately, I never appreciated the anger issue when I mentioned his review. He detracts from the fact, the 500A's as mono blocks are certianly outstanding driving the Nova Enolution , a full range speaker in my home.

As for professional stage amps ,I agree, I also would never use them . My cousins are professional musicans (LA, Vegas & Touring) & I also play guitar as an aside. I prefer nos tube Marshall, Fender and VOX , although lately my cousin ,Tony Scuito, has been using some strange named Chinese gear he gets from the distributors. Having been on the road before I understand the issues. Of course, for a coffee house singer & player on a tight budget a 500a could work.

I'm going to give a look to the SLA's . All the best.

Does this mean the SLA4 can be bridged in some way to combine 2 of the 4 channels per side?

Of course, as an audiophile I would be disappointed to not have 2 chassis, which means a pair of SLA2's might still be better....
09-24-08: Cwlondon
Does this mean the SLA4 can be bridged in some way to combine 2 of the 4 channels per side?

According to the description at ART Pro Audio's website, the SLA4 can be configured for 2, 3, or 4 channels.

Two bridged channels make 280w into 8 ohms. So it can be 4x100wpc, 2x100wpc +1x280wpc, or 2x280wpc.
I ended up with a Musical Fidelity A3CR when looking for the best for the price of dirt ($600 on ebay) and am still glad I did.
Re ART amps, are the "Euroblock" connectors recommended?

If I have to spend big bucks on weird cables, this amp might no longer be as "cheap as dirt"?

Thank you,