The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
Jtgofish : Which edition of HI FI World contained the review of the 500A 's ? Have you read the review on Audio Critic ?
Jtgoish: You have got to be kidding! Who are US Amplifers Builders Union? I have NEVER been a member of a union. The answer is NO . If that means I'am excluded from some extra-special group --SO ...I love the experience of recorded playback.
I have no idea what Crem1 is talking about anymore (never been a member of a union?), but taking the totality of his comments into account -- including his repeated references to the Audio Critic, where they don't even believe in listening to amps for sound quality -- sorry but I just can't place a lot of stock in his recommendations. I do however take something from Cwlondon's less than positive experience with the reliability and power of the Sonic Impact. Bottom line is I guess we're still waiting for someone to come out with a decently-built, usefully powerful, compact, lightweight and portable (maybe even battery-powerable), class-"D" design control amplifier at a relatively modest price (with or without a DAC built in). I'm hopeful it will happen sooner or later.
I guess we're still waiting for someone to come out with a decently-built, usefully powerful, compact, lightweight ... class-"D" ... amplifier
How about a kit: hypex sells them (.nl I think).