The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
The Hi Fi World magazine review showed that these amps do have unusually high distortion.Which is probably the main reason they said they were not really suited to serious hi fi use.
This may or may not cause speaker damage but it is probably a good thing to use them carefully and why they could not recommend them despite their apparent excellent value.
They should be safe for driving woofers though.
Jtgofish : Which edition of HI FI World contained the review of the 500A 's ? Have you read the review on Audio Critic ?
Jtgoish: You have got to be kidding! Who are US Amplifers Builders Union? I have NEVER been a member of a union. The answer is NO . If that means I'am excluded from some extra-special group --SO ...I love the experience of recorded playback.
I have no idea what Crem1 is talking about anymore (never been a member of a union?), but taking the totality of his comments into account -- including his repeated references to the Audio Critic, where they don't even believe in listening to amps for sound quality -- sorry but I just can't place a lot of stock in his recommendations. I do however take something from Cwlondon's less than positive experience with the reliability and power of the Sonic Impact. Bottom line is I guess we're still waiting for someone to come out with a decently-built, usefully powerful, compact, lightweight and portable (maybe even battery-powerable), class-"D" design control amplifier at a relatively modest price (with or without a DAC built in). I'm hopeful it will happen sooner or later.