Is Supratek Syrah still the deal of the century?

Is Supratek Syrah still the deal of the century? or there are new ones?
royy
I have a Chenin, I spin lots of vinyl. I use very low output fidelity research cartridges in the phono and my background is superb and it throws a beautiful warm stage. I listen to lots of CD's and SACD's. I don't do tv's or home theatre, I have a remote and could less about it. I can't wait too get home later tonight and get records spinning. If I run into more coin I will in all proability just go up the chain and get a Cortese. That's about all I can say about Supratek. and, I thought I would NEVER switch from a Conrad Johnson pre(I fell very hard for CJ in the late 70's/early 80's).

Have Fun
Dazzdax. Only one man on the planet can do repairs? I think not. A rather profound statement sir. Do you repair gear?
No, I was just kidding. The amp's inside is messy though. That is not a joke. I know messy things can sound wonderful...

Chris
I had the distinct pleasure of owning a Syrah up until yesterday,it was purchased by a fellow "goner." I can say without doubt that it is the "piece de resistance"in performance and art.I had dispensed with my vinyl,hence the sale.The only concern I had, and it was alluded to in this forum,is a technical failure.Sort of like owning a Ferrari in Wyoming.
There is some validity in peoples concerns about reliability, but in my mind, if one can accept the potential of needing to service them and also have someone around to trouble shoot if needed, they are worth every penny.

The Supratek preamps and amps I've owned...two pairs of amps and two different preamps....one of which was returned for upgrading....which Mick did at a very reasonable charge....aren't the best built audio products I've seen. In fact, they could stand a lot more attention to good manufacturing practices in terms of wiring layout, soldering quality, and could also definitely be packaged better. I've e-mailed Mick about this over the last 5 years and even a couple of months ago and have been convinced that he will continue to do things the way he sees fit.:)

This being said, the sound quality and his attention to trying to help when there is a problem, is a great reason to own one. Not a bad looking piece of gear either.