Has anyone upgraded their preamp with V-caps?

I am interested in hearing about anyone's experience with upgrading their preamps with V-caps (in the output circuit). They are very expensive, i.e. 600.00 for two 2.0uF. I have heard that they are amazing caps and make a huge audio improvement, particularly in the bass and midrange.
jppenn
You have to be careful with V-Caps. True, they are the ultimate in transparency, but IMO at a cost of image density. I have put them in my AA Capitole mk II CDP and was amazed by the result for the first 3-4 weeks, but the longer I have listened, the more unsure I become. I belive that to make them work, the whole circuit design should be re-voiced.
Two questions, one for Pauly and one for Elberoth2

Pauly, I'm just curious...if the TFTF v-caps are the best you've ever heard, why would you use the less expensive OIMP for bigger caps?

Elberoth2, If you say that the V-caps sacrifice density, why would you suggest that the whole circuit should then be re-voiced with v-caps...wouldn't that exagerate more of the loss of image density that you experienced? Just curious. thanks
We've been using the V-Cap as an option for about the last year or year and a half. The Teflon part is one of the best coupling caps out there with no reservations.

If you don't like what you hear with this cap its because it is revealing a weakness! Frankly, the part has very little break-in (despite claims to the contrary, although you *do* hear the breaking-in and resettling of wiring disturbed during updates and newly-built pieces quite easily).

The part is very relaxed like a good paper and oil, but more detailed, with better bass and without the shelved highs that are paper and oil hallmarks. Overall very neutral and in a very good way. They are well worth the cost of admission (more so than fancy NOS tubes and a variety of tweaks).

Our preamp has a patented direct-coupled output balanced output and so avoids the classic issue of the output coupling cap (big cap=bad sound). So my comments are based on smaller parts, the biggest being 0.47 that we use in the phono section.
Jppenn,

Thanks for the details. I was wondering about replacing all the caps or just upgrading those in the signal path.

I am aware of some possible downsides and will tread lightly.