amps for Merlin VSM-MXE

sorry i posted this by mistake in the speakers thread so reposting here...taking delivery of new MXE speakers soon and wondered what would be peoples choice of amp. I heard the new speakers work also well with SS, although my choice has always been tubes.

Given the rise of low cost/high quality components in recent years can someone provide me with a solution for $6k?

I have had the berning and it worked well...just looking for options!
enjoy_the_music
But do you think the ARS is as good as a full Joule or CAT system?

Or 95%?

I thought about the ARS too.
As I've noted on a few other threads - I really like the VSM SE with Cary 300B monos. You can't get really high spls in a medium/large room and deepest bass may be MIA... but the combo is magic dynamically and timbrally. Vocal reproduction is startlingly good. I understand that later versions of the VSM may be less SET friendly.

Marty
The ARS Sonum Filarmonia integrated amp. It is made in Spain, thus it is on your side of the pond. Fantastic little integrated amp if you can force yourself to only spend $3500 US MSRP (my dry sense of humour). I have owned the VZN 100's, Belles 150A HR, and Sim Audio Moon W5. Overall, I enjoy the ARS more than any of the above.

Plenty of power at 30 watts per channel (I believe that it ouputs around 24 watts in Class A).

David
hi David...your system is Joule and Belles?

In what way do you enjoy the ARS? Is the price/performance ratio better?

Richard
01-13-07: [email protected]
I´ve owned previously Joule LA150/VZN100 combo and Berning ZH270 with my VSM-MX and right now my amp it´s the Ars Sonum Filarmonia SE and I´m EXTREMELY happy with it.
[email protected]

I was reading the topic of what amp sounds good with Merlin speakers. You mentioned you had owned a few prominent amps but now you own the Filarmonia. I've heard some good things about this amp but im a little skeptical. Also ive read threads where people are waiting in upwards of 11 months to get their amp. I'm going goo goo over VAC amps if i can get them at a fair price. I've heard they sound wonderful with the merlins. I havent heard any of this equipment except for VAC. Im sold on this sound. Can you elaborate on the filarmonia? Have you heard vac gear? If so what are the differnence...

Thanks,