McIntosh C1000 tube pre vs. ARC Ref 3?

Has anybody heard these against each other? Both are very well received by the audio press.
gpgr4blu
>>I'm just trying to let the original poster know that a lot of hot air blows around these threads when it comes to opinions!<<

Which is precisely why I disclosed the fact that I had not heard the ARC Ref 3. We're on the same page here. I'm on your side.
"At least I admitted not hearing the Ref 3. That's probably more than
most of you would have done"

Really? Do you Hantrax have priviledged knowledged of what I or anyone else has heard. . . Or may this be a minor case of Messianic fixation?

Sad reality is that you seem to be as qualified as I am in drawing a direct comparison between the two units. . . which is not qualified at all. . . i.e. I know Ref 3 very well, but C1000 not at all, thus I won't be caught dead commenting on the prowess of the latter. Yes, I do admit of having heard other McIntosh linestages Over the years. . . but that is not at all relevant, as none of them were a C1000.
Hantrax your logic is nonsense. To post a strong opinion about something you never heard is absurd. I have owned many ARC and Mac products through the years and although there tends to be a house sound, The Ref3 has been touted to be a break through product. The best to come from ARC in many years. Come back after you've done yourhomework! While brand loyalty is something we can all relate to, your post is hard to swallow.
Jeff
Thank you all for your responses. I decided to arrange for a one on one in house direct comparison. The differences to my ears are that the Mac was more neutral and transparent. You could hear greater detail on passages, both simple and complex and better leading edge on notes. Also, human voice sounded more real. On the other hand, the ARC had more bloom, bigger soundstage and could be overwhelmingly beautiful. Much more drama. MAC = film. ARC = technicolor. I'll take the MAC but I could understand the ARC point of view. Also, MAC is one beautiful piece of audio jewelry.
>>Hantrax your logic is nonsense. To post a strong opinion about something you never heard is absurd.

I posted no strong opinion on anything I haven't heard. You probably need to go back and read the thread.