Bel Canto Pre3 vs Musical Fidelity A308CR

I am purchasing (have not received) two bel canto e. ref1000 amps and need a new pre-amp. A thinking of either of the two above (bel canto pre3 or MF A308 CR). Any suggestions? This system is going to be used for music only. Thanks. Ben
vetin02
I went with the Pre 3 because I figured the DAC in my 5910 is pretty good. I am so happy with the sound no I have not been on audiogon for several weeks! I did order a tube pre from Odyssey that I am going to A-B-A with the Pre3 though. I'll report when I get it.
I have been auditioning the Bel Canto Ref1000 mono blocks and Dac3, Dac3 being used as the pre. I just ordered the Pre3 to hook-up in the system to see if there are any differences. I did hook up a really good tube pre in the system and I was really impressed but this pre can't stay I borrowed it from my main system along with it is just too big for the set up.

This is a second set up and has to be "wife friendly."

Stearnsn it will be interesting to read what the outcome is once you are done the AB testing.
I prefer the tube sound in my system, particularly since I added NOS CBS/Hytron tubes in the Candela. I am making some major changes next week so my answer my change.
With new active speakers the PRe3 sounds better. Go figure. I am not ready to give up on the Candela yet though. I will try it again after some speaker break-in.
Dev - sorry, it's been awhile since I checked my threads. I went with the pre3 mostly due to costs at the time. I wasn't sure that I needed the DAC3 either although I've heard good things about it. I do really like the combo - now need to upgrade by CD player as I'm using a very old Denon unit right now. Looking into getting a tube CD - jolida, raysonic or shanling.