Tact Pre Amps 2.2XP

For some reason this post last wound up under "Speakers." Go figure. Anyway, I am thinking of purchasing one of these. There's a unit on Audiogon for $3495. Is it worth the investment?
128x128rpl77
Boz told me recently they're working on a crosstalk elimination function that will keep signals from the left speaker from going into the right ear.
!!!

Wonder what that does to the sweet spot.
Did everyone buy their unit new or on Audiogon? What retailer did you buy from if bought new?
One thing that's steered me away from digital room correction is that it's only going to be correct for one spot. Isn't this more or less true?

I have a room that is essentially completely open (open-concept house) with a high, sloping ceiling. No room modes at all, really. NOW, I know this doesn't mean I don't have freq. response abberations from room reflections. However, over all, it's a very nice sounding room - untreated.

Are there those who feel that these devices are still a major boon in such a situation?

The buzz around Tact has always sounded a little too much to me as hype, furthermore. If it were so revolutionary wouldn't you see more manufacturers using them at shows and recommending them? Or is that a naive question?
Actually I suppose you could program the TacT's various curves for different seating positions. I would imagine that if other manufacturers used TacT, it might steer them towards TacT's other products, which packaged or seperately, includes line level pre's, DAC's, ADC's, EQ's, HT processors, amplifiers, as well as TacT's parent companies speakers.