A mistake spending too much on amplification?

I was wondering if I screwed up by spending too much money on amplification? I have been upgrading my amp/preamp for awhile now (I started with a CODA Unison, then upgraded to a McCormack DNA-125 and EE Minimax, then to a Herron pre, and now mating that with Sixpacs). And, although there are subtle improvements, I am not hearing any night/day improvements, even when I go back to the CODA. And the CODA is much cheaper!

Does this mean I outpaced my speakers? Kind of like putting a supercharged turbo engine in a car with bald tires? Speakers are VS VR2's and Soliloquy 6.3's. Anyone have a good estimation on amplification costs relative to speaker costs? Sell the better amplification; use the money to buy better speakers?
chiho
Regardless of what reviewers say you are not going to hear
night/day differences between quality components. The real differences will, in most cases, be subtle. Be wary of anyone you tells you that product a "blows away" product b. It's audiophile speak which as very little to do with the real world.
None of the amplifiers you listed are beyond the capabilities of the two speakers you have. If you upgraded the speakers, you will begin to greater variations between the amplifiers. The fact is there are significant variations from one component to the next, which are heard only if your speaker is capable of conveying them. Sometimes, the greatest rewards come from using speakers that can't.