How come no one talks of sansui?

i love sansui. I have a complete ss setup (electrocomaniet and marantz sm17sa + norh Le amp)
i heard my friend's old AU 717 sansui....i must say
very very dynamic and impressive...and solid build quaility
i am going to pick one of these that go on ebay for 50 bucks...would hurt for a garage system
subdoofus
i have a sweet looking 300 watt per channel ba 3000. it has big meters and did run fine unyil it blew some fuses. it can be yours for agood price.
I heard some of the new sansui reference amps recently made...they sound nice and sweet..very pleasing to know they're still around..and still look good
NOw you're taking me back to my very first (what I thought was hi end) system consisting of the old Sansui 9090 110watts/channel stereo amp driving my JBL 166 speakers with a front end consisting of a Thorens TD126 and Ortofon cartridge. Wow! I was in heaven until...someone introduced me to separates.

I bought that amp in 1976 and my sister is still using the same amp today with no problems except for one blown channel which was easily fixed. Yes, they did build them like tanks then didn't they?
I owned the Sansui AU919. That was the top of the heap -- even had special oval capacitors, and compartments for the different sections. You never hardly saw one of these -- mostly the AU717. There was also an AU818 - kind of inbetween. I wish I never sold it. It was in absolute mint condition and weighed about 55 pds.
All those old receivers from the 70's are great to have in some system in the house. The controls - massive power - meters - great tuners - Marantz - Pioneer - Harman Kardon - Sasui - I love going to old shops around the country and seeing them - it brings back times when I was getting started in this hobby. I still have an old Mcintosh integrated and a Harman Kardon in my workshop from the 71 - 73 era.