Any active/passive preamps with penny & giles pot?

Hi,

I heard a DIY preamp that used penny & giles potentiometer at a friend's place, and to my ears it sounded awesome. Much much better than anything i'd heard before.

Now, i'm no good at DIY ... so i was wondering if it was possible to buy a preamp that used this potentiometer. Any of you folks know of any commercially available preamp that uses this pot?

Thanks!
cacophonix
I have one in my system right now, the HORCH 1.2 P&G (the penny & giles pot is an option). The preamp is active solid state including phonostage. No remote function.

I am still a bit in shock that this preamp sounds better than my 3 times as expensive (and 4 times the size) Audionet PRE G2, which I have not been able to top until now.

HORCH is a small company in Germany, I would be happy to give you more information and put you in touch with them if you are interested. The website is www.horch-elektroakustik.de but no English content. The 1.2 P&G can be found under products in the classic line.

All the best

Joerg
I have a Wavelength Audio Sine with 6SN7 gain tubes, valve regulated, tube rectified and P&G pot - sweet!
The P&G pot is generally considered to be a premium part. But, like any part, a good designer listens to the result to determine if that part works best, rather than picking that part because it is good for marketing purposes. I talked to one designer who was anguished about a particular, mid-priced pot going out of production. I thought he could substitute something like the P&G pot and he said that cost was not an issue; in his particular design, the cheaper pot sounded better. I wonder how many amps touting the extensive use of Blackgate caps and Vishay resistors were designed with these components because of sonic, versus marketing, considerations.
Thanks for all your responses!
Joerg, you have an email. I'd be very interested in this preamp from horsh.
Wow ... the prices on the preamps mentioned are waaaaay over what i'm willing to spend. I was hoping to see if there are any available < $1k, but looks like its highly unlikely. I'll bug my friend and check where he bought the P&G pot, and copy his DIY design.

I also read that there was an aragon unit that used the P&G pot. Hopefully one such unit will show up on Agon.

Thanks all!