Amp for B&W Sig 805

I'm looking for ideas on a solid state amp for my B&W Sig 805 speakers. I've had Classe Cap101 (100/ch integrated) and now a Krell 400xi (200w/ch integrated). I liked the Krell better than the Classe because of the additional power and better low-end control. I'm considering an amp (100 or 200 w/ch ??). I don't consider myself a tube amp guy but potentially I'd be looking for tube Pre. I currently use a Cary 303/200 as a CD player with copper wire everywhere.

Thanks, Al
adasilva
Update 3, demoed the Bryston 4B SST (300w/ch) with a tube pre (VTL5.5) with the B&Ws. OK this setup did not lack power and dynamics; I did find the Bryston amp slightly on the dry side with the B&Ws. Again I can't say that I would drop the Krell 400xi and spend three times as much...

This dealer just happened to have a McIntosh MC275 (suggested above by Szutinglee) next to the Bryston.

As a non-tube person (I'd listened to lower price tube stuff in the past) I have to say I was a bit stunned by the MC275 tube amp.

I re-listened to several of my demo CDs and decided that with many of the Classical and Jazz CDs I really liked the sound of the MC275 as compared to the previous solid-state amps. OK so this tube amp has thrown a curve ball into my plans. I'm going to listen to the Jeff Rowland next.
The Mac/B&W combo is supposed to have nice synergy. You
may be on to something with the MC275. Good luck.

Cmach
I have an Audio Research 100.2 and the LS 16 and they sound great with the 805's I do not know if they still make the 100.2 but it sounds great. I would highly recommend it. B & W's seem to like solid state.
Tzh21y,

rumor is ARC had to stop making the 100.2 because customers would buy it over the more expensive tube amps!

Used ones have actually gone up in value over the last several years. This is one of the true gems and rare "investments" in audio.

I was up until 2:00am this morning enjoying mine . . .

Good stuff!