problems with CJ's Premier 140 ? anyone

There's a Cj 140 offered @ audiogon at atttractive price & I'm thinking about it.
I did read numerous post about this amp having problems with tubes blowing up & bias resistors going out of whack. Anyone here with this particular amp having problems with these symptons ?

Whats the real score on this amp ? I heard its being discontinued. So short of a production. Makes me wonder.

Perhaps someone here can shed some light on this matter.

Thanks for inputs & much appreciated!
128x128mid40sguy
Both posters in the referenced threads are overseas from US one in Ireland, one in Philippines , so likely 240v which means some different parts from NA - don't know if that makes a difference. Lew Johnson responding to the one fellow seems significant. CJ does sell alot of amps - anyone who does will have some problem cases. Of course asking around as you're doing cannot hurt.

I see eight 140 owners in AA Inmate Systems. Perhaps you could e-mail some of them for their experience? People whose gear works fine tend not to post msgs. to that effect, so you may not find threads that will prove a negative, ie. not unreliable. Is the used 140 still under warranty? Maybe the seller can share the serial # and you can check with CJ if it was every under repair. Cheers!
I have had my premier 8´s for three years with no problems, just a full retubing a year ago for 6550 svets!!!

I agree with FJN04 description of the Premier 8 sound, I mitigate that a lot with a fast Q speaker (Avalon) and ultra-fast cables (SIltech), there is bass articulation an tone in spades!

Fernando
I have my CJ Premier 140 since May of 2005, purchased new and have no iuuses at all. Not even a blow fuse.
I bought mine used a year and a half ago, and haven't had any trouble or operational issues.