PC Rules

I conducted a test which compared playing an LP, and listening to the same LP on PC playback. The PC play back was a clear winner, it was equivalent to a cartridge upgrade. I attribute this to my rebuilt vinyl computer interface.

After buying a new interface, I removed and replaced all of the capacitors with superior caps; this would be the same as having a superior phono pre between you and the computer.

If you're not getting the same results, don't blame it on the computer.
orpheus10
So you're telling us that your LP's sound better when you convert them to digital, and then back to analog via your computer, and then put the signal through your amplifier to your speakers, versus when you send the analog LP signal through your (phono) preamp, and then through your amplifier to your speakers. Do I have that right?

Interesting results.

However, it would help us determine what to make of this finding of yours if you could provide us with a list of your system components, particularly:

Your turntable;
Tone arm;
Cartridge;
Preamp, (including phono preamp, if any);
Amplifier;
Speakers;

Without knowing all of the key components of your experiment, we can't examine the reasons for why your results are what they are.
Kurt_tank,your first paragraph is 100% correct. The only thing that's relevant to this discussion is the computer interface. With this interface, you would get the same results. When there is a demand for this product, it will appear.

What I did, is not rocket science; upgrading components by replacing capacitors isn't new.

Please believe me, I'm not trying to be brash; when you think about your question, and my answer, you'll realize this.
So exactly how did you A/B your testing? How were you set up to be able to switch back and forth so you could at least directly compare your direct-analog-to-analog vs. analog-to-PC-and-back? And how did you handle or control for temporal variations, stuff like that?

Sorry for all the questions, but I was always taught that human perception and associated memories - visual or auditory - followed certain approximately equal patterns. And yes, that does ultimately equate "ear-witness" testimony with eye witness testimony (which is now one of the worst bits of evidence to have to use for a conviction...). I'm guess I'm just curious about how folks reach conclusions such as you've described and the processes and testing used to get there. Thanks!
Post removed 
04-20-11: Orpheus10

"The only thing that's relevant to this discussion is the computer interface."

What? So, you are saying that the computer interface is making the LP sound better than the LP itself? Not on this planet.