Preamp recommendation $300: see desired features

I'm looking for a nice used preamp that can be had for around $250-$300. Any help would be appreciated. Wish list (in order of priority)...remote, quality phono stage, pre-out, decent headphone jack, tape loop, defeatable tone controls.
soulbrass
Rotel RC-990 is in that price range.
The newer Rotel RC-995 will be $350 to $400

They both do everything on your list. Both MM and MC phono. No tone controls.
Boy thats a tall order for little cash, maybe the Rotel would be a good choice.
Agreed with Sugarbie. I had a Rotel RC972 a while back. Nice pre amp. Any pre amp, by definition, will have a pre out though. I know the 972 doesn't have defeatable tone controls, as it doesn't have tone controls. I think it does have a tape loop. I sold mine about 5 years ago for about 275 dollars.
On the RC972 phono was an optional add-on board, to you would need to ask the seller. And it would be only MM or MC, not both.

Check eBay weekly in addition to AudiogoN. A RC990 or RC995 appears at least monthly, sometimes more. If you can stretch the RC995 is worth the extra money IMHO.

There is also the Cambridge Audio C500. Phono was an optional add-on. I think it does have tone controls with defeat if you do need tone controls. It would be under $200 used. It is actually pretty decent. It is close to neutral, like having no preamp.