Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
I heard from Victor (I am shameless about bothering him) that the knobs are an Asian hardwood. He is checking to see with Joseph to see what variety.

TVAD That is the same quote I got at $1,250 a matched quad from that vendor. I sent a quad of cca's from a different source to Victor for his evaluation against his wonderful ones. From this source they are about $650 a quad for early sixties. Will let everyone know the results.
I am in Vegas the next 5 days - wish me luck, Daddy needs a new pair of monoamps!
Hey Joe! Let us know how the Vegas trip went. Have fun and I hope you find some monoblocks that will sing to your heart.
I have heard from Victor that Joseph says that the knobs are made from Taiwanese hardwood called, "red wood." That sounds exotic. Rob - may we ask you reason for wanting to know?
Gammajo - Thanks for checking on that. I'm familiar with red heart. It's not overly common in this country.

I was witholding the reason for asking until I could get my system posted on Virtual Systems, which is now done.

If you take a look at my system, you'll see a picture of the TP 2.0n with purpleheart feet that I made up for the unit. (I'm a woodworker.) After having put a finish on the feet, they don't match quite as well as when the purpleheart was in unfinished form, but I do think the feet look very nice with the TP 2.0.

If any other TP owners are interested, it doessn't take too much effort to make these feet.

Rob