Best Amp for Sonus Faber Cremona Series

Hi,

I am thinking of buying cremona series speakers...either a cremona auditor (or) floor standing Cremona. I will greatly appreciate if you can recommend me a very good Intertated Amplifier ( open for both SS integ, Tube Integ and Hybrid as well...Have preference for tube-integrated if they can drive cremona ) for driving:

1. Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor
2. Sonus Faber Cremona

I am also open for Pre-Amp/Amp combo if that is what is really needed. Can you please let me know this combo as well.

My room size is 20 x 20 x 8 and will be moving the system in the future into a romm of size 20 x 20 x 18

My musical prefernce is Vocals, Instruments, Jazz and occassional pop.

Thanks
Grakesh

PS: I apologize ahead..I did post a similar thread, by mistake, in the speakers forum. I realized that it was a mistake and re-posting it here.
grakesh
Grakesh,
no the Plinius sa102 was came after Symphonic line, but during and after the listening decision I heard it inhouse, or at friend's or at my dealer with these combinations. Latest was a DIy valve preamp+YBA 1 amp. |||
I wish I could try Lamm combo but tried only Lamm preamp with the sa102, something that did'nt workout well due to 0,8V Plinius sensitivity and 31db gain of Lamm.
Plinius 9200 is quite good but there's always on your mind the question if you've exploited all the Cremona's capabilities. Another amp I did not yet audioned with cremona is Cary 805 or 211AE.
The more you give to the Cremona the more it rewards you IMHO.
Bryston was the choice of another friend of mine for Cremona Auditors.

Strongly I'd not recommend Primare and Pathos classic onemkII, maybe Logos and above.
Circleman,

You are absolutely right. A high quality tube integrated will be good. That is the reason why I was asking about Cary SLI-80, Musical Fidelity Trivista 300 Integrated. The reason why I quoted Plinius 9200 is ...it supposed to be tube like sound with SS power of 300 watts/ch at 4 ohms. I dont know what other Quality Tube integrated can drive 4 ohm loads like Cremonas. Do you mind letting me know other options (USED) which are reasonable in cost ( around $3500 range) ?

Thanks
Grakesh
Grakesh
I personally have not tried a tube integrated with the Cremonas. However I've emailed the SF distributor with similar questions. They said they use VAC and ARC amps at
the shows. Also I spoke with Kevin at Upsale Audio who strongly recommended the Cary SLI 80 Signature F1. The VAC Super Avatar
shows up here from time to time and I think that would be a nice speaker/amp combination. Having heard the VAC Phi 110 now I'm haunted by the VAC sound. Just as info the Plinius 9200 output is 200 watts not 300. I'd like to be in your shoes right now. It's a decision that could be very rewarding.
Any of the VAC integrateds sound excellent with SF Cremonas. However, the killer integrated with this speaker is the McIntosh MA6900 on the 4ohm taps.

Phil
I've had experience with the SF Grand Piano Home speakers. A great speaker. My guess is that the Cremona has a similar impedance curve, so I can tell you this. My 55 wpc tube amp was not enough for the SF speakers. I doubled the wattage to 110 and that was heaven. If the nominal impedance of the Cremonas is also 6 ohms, then use the 4 ohm taps if you have a choice.