J.Rowland Is it possible to shut off the display

Ive got my JRDG Concerto yesterday, sounds great, but i don't know is it possible to shut off the display? Also I can't figure out how the balance control works?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
bxxxb
Really? How so? To compensate for bad recordings, or limitations in your listening space? I use a balance control in my car, in order to compensate for the unfortunate listening position, but a home system? Please enlighten me.
How difficult is the balance adjustment on the Concentra II to use? I ask because I am considering buying one, but adjusting balance from the listening chair is fairly important to me. Due to the placement of windows and televisions in the room as well, the listening chair is slightly off axis. I use the balance control to compensate. If it is that difficult to use, maybe the Concentra II is not for me.

Cheers,
John
I mentioned there was a chip that needed changed, I think I may be confusing this with a piece of BAT gear I once owned; on thinking on this more, it may just be a swith inside the unit.
John,

I believe it is just a push of a button on the remote. What the comments above alluded to, I believe, is that when you adjust the balance, there is nothing that shows where the current setting is, so to be sure you can reset it to center by using the mute button on the unit itself.