Rowland "house sound"?

I am interesting in purchasing a Rowland model 3 to replace my BAT VK-60. I have never heard the amp but have heard good things about Rowland in general. I am wondering how they will sound with my VSA VR4jr's playing clasic rock.
fishwater
Since Jeff's "move" to switching amps I wonder if the "house" sounds different?
02-24-06: Unsound
Since Jeff's "move" to switching amps I wonder if the "house" sounds different?

IMHO, it's a POS sound now! I did not care for the 201 - all the audiophile attributes but no soul. One friend disliked it as well (he was driving Piega C8 Ltd. I think that I have his speaker model # correct). Another friend just loves them (he's driving JM Lab Mezzo Utopias non-Be tweeter).

02-23-06: Jtinn
I would recommend a used pair of Rowland Model 6 monoblocks or even the Model 2 stereo amplifier. Both are very musical and

I certainly prefer Jeff's older all-analog power amps tho Model 2, Model 6 & Model 10 are not my personal favourites. All-the-same Jtinn's reco is a good one. All of them have a certain "dark" nature to their sound & it seems that one needs to "compensate" for this by using a bright speaker. I've only heard these amps at Rowland dealers, friend's houses, etc.
Fishwater,
Funny you should say that- planning to sell BAT in favor of some SS amp.
I have the same speakers and just recently sold Theta Digital Dreadnaught II, thinking of BAT as one of the options to replace it.
Could you please share, what is it exactly that you DON'T like in BAT sound?
BTW, I'm listening to Butler 5150 now, and like it a lot.
Regards.
The ONLY thing I do not like is the lack of vollume/power. The amp will sound strained at higher vollumes. I am talking over 90db's There are times & I know how bad it is for me but there are times I want to really FEEL the music and the BAT just doesn't have enough oomph. That being said it is so close that I know a VK-75 would get me where I want to be.

I also want to play around a bit, almost like cheating on your high school sweetheart. I know I will probably end up going back to BAT tubes for the long haul but I want to see what the newer racier designs sound like for a little. Another amp on my must try list is the VK-500, have you ever seen a bad review? That amp is a must listen for me.