Boulder monoblocks

I am very interested in the Boulder monoblocks which look very impressive and have very impressive specifications. However, there are only a few serious reviews published on these amps and for $55,000 there are many options. Essentially, for me the most important quality of an amplifier is its bass performance, I like bass that is ultra fast, tight, controlled, and with lots of slam. Another amplifier I am considering are the giant Mark Levinson No. 33 Reference monoblocks. I heard them at a local showroom and thoght that it sounded amazing. I am wondering how it compares to the Boulder monoblocks. Anyone who has had experience with the Boulder monoblocks I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
audioari1
I'm sorry but anyone prepared to spend $55K on a pair of amps without listening to them himself is insane. I don't care how inconvenient it is if you're spending that kind of money you can afford to travel to wherever they are to listen.
Oops, sorry! You did listen to them, glad to hear that you liked them! I'm guessing they blow the Levinson's away but I've never compare the two. Have fun with your decision and take your time. Also consider the amazing Boulder phono stage, I've hear nothing but raves. Happy listening!
I heard the less expensive (only $30K?) Boulder monos at my dealer a while back on Dynaudio Temptations and Wilson WP7s. The thing that most struck me about the Boulders that I remember to this day was that I had never heard such detailed, textured, "fast" deep bass from an amp before in my life, and I have heard the Levinson 33s on Dynaudio Evidences. While I think the bass from a Lamm hybrid amp might be a little more more natural to my ear (definitely fuller), given your stated preferences I do not think the Boulders will disappoint you in the bass.