from solid state to tube

Hi all, it's probably a strange question but are there audiophiles who have been tube aficionados for quite a while but are now being converted to solid state? The other way around is a more common phenomenon: audiophiles who have been listening to solid state and are being converted to tubes in a late (final?) stage of their audio evolution. Some say that single ended amplification + high sensitivity speakers are the key to musical nirvana. To them the Soul of Music is then freed at last from the electro-mechanic hardware.
dazzdax
I am slowly trying to add solid state components to what is a predominantly tube set-up. I started with the digital fornt-end. Now I am trying to add a solid state phono stage and a solid state amp. In addition, a vendor I trust explicitly that had made some high quality and expensive tube amps/preamps is now making solid state amps they feel have the tube sound and are dead quiet. So the question makes for an interesting discussion.
I'm doing the high powered SET with "medium" efficient speakers and like it a lot. But I'm still keeping my solid state amp around.
For many more years than I care to count I have wanted a tube based audio system. Finally made the move and picked up an integrated tube amp and some new speakers as well. I've yet to set everything up. But can hardly wait, for there is real magic in tubes.
i just compared my little dared vp16 to two ss amps; a hopped up hafler and and beefed up odyssey. the little guy made more music in ea. case

ss is nice in the bass. too bad the music lies elsewhere.

i did have a lot more trouble distinquishing the ss from the tube equip this yr. at the rmaf. last yr. i could walk in a room and immediately tell the difference.

are tubes more hassle. yes. are they worth it? i am sure you get more bang for your buck with the tubes.