Looking for an incredibly dynamic preamplifier

I'm looking for a dynamic preamp that provides plenty of attack, great bottom end, and an iron-fisted grip on the system. The best I've heard so far (and by a long shot) is the Wyetech Labs Opal.
I would assume that other units with robust outboard power supplies are good candidates? Maybe a battery-powered unit like the new DartZeel pre would qualify?
Thanks.
exlibris
All this from a preamp, eh?

With all due respect, there's no reason to assume that only those pre-amps with outboard power supplies are 'good' condidates for what you seek. An excellent power conditioner should equal and even better the sonics of any pre-amp with an external power supply.

Furthermore, the iron-fisted grip you speak of (though I suppose may be possible via a pre-amp) is most always found primarily in the amplifier. It is the amplifier's job to take absolute control over the drivers of a given speaker. However, in my limited experience few amplifiers exhibit this characteristic.

The best iron fisted dynamics I've heard by a long shot was in my system with the APL 3910 cdp. That's without a pre-amp as the APL has it's own volume attenuation.

But to cloud the issue even further, it is simply impossible to obtain all that you seek from just one component. It is a syergistic thing in which all components must partake. But even the most iron-fisted components strong suits will be greatly deminished without proper line conditioning, proper vibration control, dedicated circuits/lines, and proper ics and scs.

I use the word 'proper' implying that the 'improper' exists. And if your system is missing any or all of the above, you may already have the pre-amp you are seeking but would never know it.

-IMO
One thing to keep in mind is that when people critisize battery powered gear it's usually for a lack of dynamics, so if dynamics are what you're looking for you should probably stick to ac power.
Yup, all that from a preamp.
I'm using four Manley Neo-Classic 250 monoblocks and I have no intention of using solid state amplification. If you ever have a chance to hear a Wyetech Labs Opal preamp in your system, then you'll know that a preamp can deliver what I'm asking for. Before I buy the Opal, however, I just wanted to ask others if they knew of any other candidates for the job.
Check out a First Sound preamp - If you want tubes, that is.

Read this review. http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/firstsound_presence_deluxe_preamp.htm

The author make good comparisons too.

good luck