Replacement for NE5532 opamp in preamplifier ?

I'm compiling information to upgrade a Sony TA-E80ES stereo preamplifier.

Among the recommendations I've gotten so far (see: www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyes/TAE80ES/TAE80ES.html), is to replace the stock M5238 opamps with NE5532.

However, I find (for example in the catalogue at www.percyaudio.com) that there are now numerous recommendations for replacing the NE5532 opamp.

Can anyone suggest, from the many Burr-Brown and Analogue Devices opamps, which would be a suitable replacement for both the M5328 and the NE5532?

Many thanks for any tips.

Joel.
dr_joe
Sure, the NE5532 was a terrific design from an earlier era. Absolutely breakthrough. Today, you have plenty more choices. I like the OPA2134. Cheap and sound great. Sometimes the OPA2604 is even better. Both will be plug and play. Analog devices is another good source.

jh
Agree re the 5532 as a classicly great opamp, along with the5535. When I do new mods on gear, I usually install sockets in order to try various op amps to find the "right" opamp for the unit. I have had good results in general with the 4558P (has to be the "p" version), TL072(fet), and the Analog Devices OP275... I find the 275 to be one of my favs and does well on most gear.... There are other choices albeit they are pricey and hard to find.... Have fun!!