MAC & VSA Synergy?

I have been interested in trying some Mac gear & was wondering about the synergy between Mac & VSA 4jr's. I listen to rock exclusively. I am looking at the higher powered Mac's that are available in the used market for about $2,000.00
fishwater
If you want forward sound, BAT will be great. Pass Labs would be another good choice with 4jrs. There are many others - you will just have to experiment and see for yourself. Let us know what you find out. Arthur
VR-4JR’s are not lacking transparency and dynamics. It’s the McIntosh amp that’s holding them back. I’ve auditioned McIntosh amp with VR-4JR’s and Pro-Ac response 25 and felt the amp was too slow, too mellow and not engaging for my taste. This amp requires bright speakers to complement it.

Since I’m on a market to buy an amp, has anyone auditioned CIA D-200 with VR-4JR’s. Does D-200 have enough power to drive VR-4Jr’s effectively?

There’s a tendency for some amp to sound veiled and not dynamic at low levels. What about D-200’s performance at low listening levels?

-Alex
I never auditioned the 4jrs with McIntosh amps. Only Kora, Odyssey, and Thule amps which is what I based my observations on.
Post removed 
The Channel Islands for some reason don't apeal to me, a friend has also suggested trying them. I am intrigued by digital amps but would be more interested in a Bel Canto or Spectron. Krell gear has always been something I want to try as well. I don't mind experimenting with my gear & enjoy the process of trying new gear, I feel it is some of the fun in this hobby.
So, I am looking for suggestions on an amp in the $2,000 range that will compliment my Jr's & provide some more power than my BAT VK60 (which I absolutely LOVE)