The most emotional amp out there?

OK gang, I need your votes for the amp you feel that brings the chills, the goosebumps, yes maybe even a teardrop or two when you sit down and listen to your particular music of choice. Although many responders will automatically think of tubes, I do not necessarily share that "prejudice". I'm trying to find that special amp to mate with my Virgo IIs that really takes me to the heart of the music...as opposed to just performing the requisite audiophile tricks (e.g. imaging, soundstage depth, etc.). I'm tired of appreciating the specific virtues of a well known amplifier that I am auditioning but never really being transported to a place where I forget about the gear and simply am enthralled with the music.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoy the audiophile thing as much as the next person. But I am searching for the amplifier that will transcend the need to go through the checklist of listening attributes a reviewer does and instead will simply allow me to sit back and just be enveloped by the message that the particular recording artist I am listening to is trying to communicate.

I hope I'm being somewhat inteligible here and thanks for your suggestions.

Gregg
reneaugroup309c
in the 'flavor' of this thread i would split my vote for most 'potentially' emotional amp between the Tenors (OTL and Hybrid) and the darTZeel NHB-108. why? because of amps i have heard.....they seemed to have the best ability to get out of the way of the music and at the same time cover the whole frequency range with real-world speakers. they both have a certain 'fire' or 'sparkle' and coherence that suspends disbelief and just gets you closer to the essence of music.

but i strongly feel that there is no quick, fool-proof ticket to communicating the emotional content of music.

my opinion is that finding the emotion in the music is more an issue of system synergy and not embodied in any one product or category. it can happen by accident (akin to winning the lottery) sometimes......but mostly it is about getting the little things right and finding the correct combination of gear and then optimizing each piece. i have found that investment is not the most significant issue but better gear (or better room) will take you farther into the music once you find that synergy.

i have heard very modest simple systems that have great synergy and emotional content (both digital and analogue based) and very expensive systems (such as my own) that (at least at particular moments) miss synergy completly.

i apologize if i have distracted the thread from amps......but i have recently chased system synergy and (at least for the moment) seem to have captured it so i am seeing most issues from that perspective. the emotional content of the music (the ability of the music to reach out and grab you) jumped 10-fold when the synergy happened.
Combinations/synergy, etc etc...For emotion, I dont think that is the ticket. Even some bad synegry systems will sound tremendously good, depending what your prior experience is...

Audiophiles just seem to spin around in circles and give the gear too much credit, when I think its our level of receptiveness to the music. But we seem to close up when the gear isnt to our "liking" anymore.....

So we become more attached to the capabilities of the system than the music...I am guilty of this myself, but I always find good music, as emotionally satisfying when I listen to my old Fisher 400 thru vintage EV's as when I use my main Berning pre and amps thru Quad ESL-63 system...
Yeah......I recall Cold Bear. Just don't ask why.

No, I never touched it, but the story that goes with it.......

Pat
Jsujo, i think you mis-understood my post. i agree that we give gear too much credit.....all good gear does is expand the possibilities.....but not necessarily the enjoyment or performance. good synergy is not necessary for connecting to the music. but synergy is important if you desire to get as close to hearing the unveiled musical event as possible and get the maximum emotional involvement that your gear is capable of. i would expect that participants here would typically want that.

musical enjoyment is valid in any way one wants it.....i'm no music snob. it can be over the damn phone.....if it moves you then fine by me.