Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Right...so computer audio and its enthusiasts are somehow to blame for 10000 out of print CDs. And you have not even been able to name EVEN ONE that you have been unable to find. Right. Makes perfect sense...

Here's a little hint for you, Sherlock. CDs, records, books...these things go out of print all the time, format changeover or not. I work in the health care field - a recent phenomenon has been various medications going out of production - the pharmaceutical industry stops producing them. Must be that dang computer audio crowd causing that as well!
Pettyofficer,

In my last post, I conceded that you have a point : the availability of quality downloads needs to increase dramatically, and quickly, for the future of computer audio to be successfull. Enough said?

Now, can we all agree that we've all beaten the sh!# out of this poor dead horse?

Please, don't make me alert those sticklers at the Dead Horse Anti-Cruelty Society.

Thanks,
Tim
Agree, we would all benefit from greater selection in high res downloads...about this there is no argument. Somehow blaming us for this situation IS a problem though!

After, someday all new music will only be available as downloads.

mmmmmMMMMMWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Not looking for benefit from greater selection in High Resolution Music Downloads, Hfisher3380. Looking for the
SAME selection available that we have become accustomed to
from other Formats. It is a simple common sense requirement
that Music Downloads do provide adequate Music Selection as
a prerequisite to "Soon All New Music Will Be Only Be Available As Music Downloads". You can't accomplish that
stated goal without adequate selection. Prematurely killing
CD selection (Without Music Download Replacement) will not get you there any faster, and in fact mind end up strangling Music Download Format. If you can't find your favorite Artists on ANY Format, you can't avoid the discouragement. Especially when multiple Titles of your
favorite Artist were easily available on previous Format.
Your presumption is that there is no consequence from
discouragement from lack of selection in Computer Audio Music Download Format switch over. Every action (Even lack
of action) has an opposite and equal reaction (Consequence). It is not crazy to point that out! Going out on a limb is dangerous and un-necessary, and can only hurt Music Download Format. My only suggestion is that someone here do the exact opposite to aid Music Download Format.
Time for Music Downloads to finally take their medicine prior to becoming Alpha Dog Audio Format. Audio Market, and necessity, demands it. A selection vacuum is simply a drawback for any New Audio Format.
The main reason CDs are still around and similar or better higher res downloads not common yet is that large files and data volumes are involved and most are not equipped with the technology yet to handle these data volumes on the scale of a large "music library". That's the biggest reason CDs will not go away for quite a while yet, though eventually they will be mostly replaced by downloads. The CD format has proven to be a winner over the years and holds up better than ever these days in regards to sound quality, so I doubt any new physical format will make a major impact in the interim. CDs/downloads are where its at for music and the trend will be towards more downloads. Of course some new records and other one off formats might persist to some extent as well as a niche product, and we will continue to have access to all those records and CDs already out there on teh used market. Lifespan of CDs in particular is quite long, so the ones around today will continue to work just as well for many years into the future until the day when most of our entertainment media sources become virtualized. Older guys like myself and even Petty I imagine will probably not be around to see that.