Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Interesting review Mr T, however, I will still hold out on the High Fidelity cables due to my experiences with Virtual Dynamics cables. From your description, they sound fairly similar, but what really bothered me about the VD cables was their immediate presentation. They threw a very large, 2 dimensional soundstage, that had no depth at all. I felt like I was immediately transported to the front row of the event, with the band/orchestra playing right in my face. I prefer a more laid back, 3 dimensional soundstage presentation, more like a mid-hall seat.

Don't get me wrong, I would be willing to listen to these cables if someone wants to let me listen to them for free. LOL!!
@ Jmcgrogan2,wow!,, somtimes when you post, Its like taking words right out of my mouth!, you know I love the same realistic presatation as you do!, well done my friend, I also agree, I am willing to give the High fidelity cables a spinn, they would have extreme competition to persuade me from Taralabs!, I cannot waite untill the NEW TOP FLAG SHIP Taralabs cables come out, cheers john.
if you read my review I do not mention a lack of depth.

I heard solo instruments in the background, relative to the foreground ensembles.

while I would admit that they bring the listener to the music, it is not at the expense of depth.

other cables may present more like a mid to rear hall perspective. sometimes, a recessed treble can create the sensation of depth.

I was listening to a recording of the Brandenburg concerti, and replaced one tube in my Vincent cd player, and observed greater depth from a harpsichord solo.

in conclusion, it is possible to create greater depth, by changing tubes and/or other components in a stereo system.
@ Mrtennis, Hi, I love the sound of Vincent cd-players!, what model do you have?, My exsperience with vincent digital is they have one of the best soundstage presatations I have ever heard in my life!, Depth with the Vincent cd-s7 player I had was extrodinary!, If you do not have that, then the High -fidelity cables you have offer more of a forward, up-front presatation, live music does not sound like that period, with Taralabs cables that I do own, the presatation is mid-hall, in the middle of my listening room,so spooky sounding, like you are there at the actual musical event,, that in my opinion, sounds more realistic and natural!, That is why I agreed with Jmcgrogan2.