Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
Joeylawn36111,
Did someone tell you HAVE to spend big bucks? You can do any damn thing you please, big bucks, little bucks OR no bucks at all!
BTW: What's big bucks to me could be small potatoes to someone else so that's all relative.
"Does a $5,000 dollar watch tell time any better than a 30 dollar watch?"
The simple answer is no. Actually the $30 watch will be + or - about 15 seconds per month where a mechanical (a real watch) will be + or - app. 10 seconds per day, depending upon variables. Would you notice this difference without testing on a watch timer? (Witschi) No.
I grew up in the Antique business and was a Watchmaker for many years. I have only vintage watches. I choose a watch for the day, give it some winds and set it. Am I synchronized with GMT standard? Not unless I happened to get very lucky. Is it important to me? no.
Will the Rolex keep better time with the installation of a Diamond Bezel? Again, obviously no.
Now the $30 dollar cable could possibly sound better than the $5,000 dollar cable in a particular given system.
Now, would a diamond encrusted cable sound better...... ?
a kia and a porsche do the same thing..drive you from point A to point B...is the experience different...HELL YES. the better the systen the easier it is to hear differences in cable additions / subtractions.a Timex and a Rolex ARE different. yes ..both tell time but the Rolex is a piece of jewelry.
04-10-13: Isochronism
"Does a $5,000 dollar watch tell time any better than a 30 dollar watch?"
The simple answer is no. Actually the $30 watch will be + or - about 15 seconds per month where a mechanical (a real watch) will be + or - app. 10 seconds per day, depending upon variables. Would you notice this difference without testing on a watch timer? (Witschi) No.
I grew up in the Antique business and was a Watchmaker for many years. I have only vintage watches. I choose a watch for the day, give it some winds and set it. Am I synchronized with GMT standard? Not unless I happened to get very lucky. Is it important to me? no.
Will the Rolex keep better time with the installation of a Diamond Bezel? Again, obviously no.
Now the $30 dollar cable could possibly sound better than the $5,000 dollar cable in a particular given system.
Now, would a diamond encrusted cable sound better...... ?
Isochronism (Answers | This Thread)
You're missing the point, expensive watches are accessories similar to a necklace, bracelet, designer clothing ... some call it style. A bad analogy with cable.