Hi Fi House liquidation

Just wondering if anyone knows how this auction works with regards to shipping an item to you that you've won?
gooddomino
Their live bid software doesn't seem to support mobile devices so I lost interest today on that. Stuff was going pretty cheaply though from the limited amount of items I watched sell. Never could get logged in even though my account worked fine from home last night.

I asked them a question on shipping items, combining shipping, etc. and haven't had a response. Perhaps they'll get to it before the auction ends and I might bid on a few more things...

It doesn't appear to be very well run in my opinion. It certainly isn't up to the standards of the Audiogon members I've had transactions with in the past!
I agree that they are a mess. However, what store is this being liquidated? That's a ton of gear! I did manage to get on and approved for bidding. I'd still rather buy from here-real people with real interests and much better communications and knowledge.

Now if I lived nearby that might be different...
I was surprised at the low quality stuff in the first part of the listing, definitely not typical Audiogon gear. As I read further I started seeing some quality interconnects, but the starting bids appeared close to (maybe above) typical retail for excellent condition used. What irked me was the poor photos and no description. I see this frequently with on line commercial/industrial auction houses, but, they assume you inspect the merchandise in person. In this case I would bet 80-90% of the Audiogon audience is more than a few hours away so in person inspection isn't going to happen. I'm not sure who initiated this arrangement, but Audiogon should have insisted on a higher quality presentation. I'm sure there is a lot of money at stake for Audiogon, but that's no reason to lower your standards! As for shipping, there was a reference in the "small print" to a local company who would pack and ship for you, i.e., it's going to cost more than the typical Audiogon transaction.
More to discover