Do you demag or destat your CDs/DVDS?

Just curious about these CD tweaks. The Furutech destat machine is tempting at around $350--I like their products. What is the story behind Furutech's discontinuation of their RD2 disc demagnetizing station? I see it was taken up by Acoustic Revive as the RD3, a supposedly improved version. Did it not prove effective by Furutech's standards, or did they let it go in favor of their much more expensive demagnetizer for vinyl and CD? Just wondering if the RD3 does work to improve sound. There isn't much mention of it in the past few years.
128x128jafreeman
"This parallels the audiophiles who trust their own senses (perceptions) and believe the marketers (of which I include most reviewers) and shun scientific testing."

That's a pretty big assumption. I trust my own perceptions, but I don't buy marketing/reviews. I stopped reading reviews because I disagree with them more than agree. Shun scientific testing? Not at all. If science can help, I'm all for it. Audio products are made by scientists. (Please don't call me out on that statement with some ridiculous tweak made by a "scientist". Yes, I get that.)
ZD542, I'm not calling anyone out. Although I have met a few Agon members personally, I don't know any who fit that description. But reading through the threads here it does seem as if there are members who do.
My thanks to Jea48 for supplying ample information on the Furutech RD. I notice there are no US or Canadian distributors of the Acoustic Revive RD 3, only overseas sales on Ebay that are not endorsed by Acoustic Revive. I could buy one from the dealer in England, but price is now over $600 USD. I spoke at length with my high-end retailer, here in MN, who swears by the Bedini Quad Clarifier. He states he never uploads a disc to his solid state drive or plays a CD that is not first placed in his Bedini. I trust this guy, who works with the top lines in his store every day and has listened to dozens of different systems he has set up for customers to listen to. If this guy sez it works, that's enough evidence for me--I ordered one.
07-12-14: Jafreeman
I spoke at length with my high-end retailer, here in MN, who swears by the Bedini Quad Clarifier. He states he never uploads a disc to his solid state drive or plays a CD that is not first placed in his Bedini. I trust this guy....
A point to consider, regarding the mention of ripping to an SSD (or other hard drive): If in fact demagnetizing a CD accomplishes anything, and if the explanation of how that might occur is as described in the long quote from IAR which Jim (Jea48) provided on 7-9-11, the resulting benefit would only occur during real-time playback in a CD player or transport. The effect described in that explanation has no applicability to playback of a computer file that has been ripped from a CD. And that is especially true if the rip is performed using software that assures bit perfect accuracy, as it should be.

The IAR explanation, btw, involving introduction of electrical noise into circuitry in the CD player or transport, is the most plausible explanation I can think of for how these things MIGHT make a difference. And if that explanation is correct, whether or not a benefit will be realized, and its degree, figures to be highly dependent on the happenstance of the design of the particular player or transport.

Regards,
-- Al
Jafreeman,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I was hoping you had not made up your mind from reading the posts of all the naysayers that had responded to your posted message.

My Bedini Clarifier is the older dual beam unit. I have heard the quad is a better one.

Not sure if you researched any of the archives here on a Agon on the subject at hand. Here a a thread I posted back in 2005 incase you have not already read it.
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ymisc&1110747999&openmine&zzJea48
Jim